SFTP Taks - Failed to Load

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:51 AM
We have a SSIS project that is trying to copy files from a third party SFTP site.

The SSIS solution is working fine within Visual Studio (2008) and we can get the files without any issue.

We were hoping to set up a SQL Server Agent job to run the extract evey night but we are getting the following issue.

Started: 09:21:04
Error: 2014-07-09 09:21:04.41
Code: 0xC0010018
Source: SFTP Diary List
Description: Failed to load task "SFTP Diary List",
type "SSIS.Extensions.SFTPTask.SFTPTask,
SSIS.Extensions, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=be2dd18b41995f85".
The contact information for this task is "".
End Error

I've deployed the SSIS package to the SQL Server (2008 R2 - 64 Bit) and installed the SSIS Extension on that server using the executable.

Anybody got any ideas what might be the issue?
Jan 15, 2015 at 1:46 PM
Has this issue been resolved? This works perfectly in development and when executed manually from the SSIS package store, but keep getting this error when executed from SQL Server agent via scheduler.

I would really like to know the answer to this as well. Thought at first it may be due to developing on 32 bit machine and deploying to 64 bit server, but still get the failure even when executing the sql server agent as 32 bit.

Does anyone have a resolution?
Apr 15, 2015 at 2:50 PM
I found that the issue for us was the latest installer that is supposed to have both 32 and 64 bit support, but was installing 32 bit on the server so it was not executing.

I had to install the older packages because my machine (dev) is 32 bit but the server is 64 bit.

Once I installed the newer versions it could run with no issues.