PGP - Missing: Source File, Target File, Public Key

Sep 18, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Edited Sep 18, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Hi, I just downloaded the SSIS Extensions to take advantage of the PGP Task to encrypt a file.

I'm receiving an error "Validation error. PGP Task: Missing: Source File, Target File, Public Key."

This first step in my SSIS project is to make a call to the database and pull the key and the base file name. These get populated into a variable.

The 2nd step is to "process" the file, which it adds a timestamp to the file name. I set the variables for the target file and source file here (Target file has the same name as source, but has ".pgp" at the end).

The 3rd step is the PGP task, which has the error mentioned above.

In the PGP task, I have the variables assigned to the appropriate fields. However, this error will not go away. I get it from the time I drag and drop the task into the Control Flow. If I try to run the project anyway, it fails before it even calls the first step.

Is there a way I can force it to not try to validate the PGP task until that step is about to be called?

I also tried defaulting the variables to files and key that exists, but the error still did not disappear. Can anyone assist?

Thanks!
Nickie
Jun 23, 2015 at 6:09 PM
I ran into this same error with host, port, user name, and password. I was filling in the fields right in the dialog. Once I defined the values in package Variables and assigned them to the fields in the dialog, the error went away. I had from the start used package Variables for the fields you are having issue with, so this may fix your issue.